At ISC West 2018 in Las Vegas, Nevada, SIA Education delivered 88 sessions at the Sands Convention Center April 10-12. The final conference evaluation scores show a .25-point increase in the average session rating (85.08 in 2018 vs. 84.83 in 2017) and a 4.38-point increase in the average speaker rating (88.05 in 2018 vs. 83.67 in 2017).
Key ISC West sessions included:
- Hacked in 60 Seconds: How Legacy Wiegand Exposes Modern Access Control
- The Next Frontier in Video Compression: Opportunities for Security Practitioners
- Essential Leadership Skills for the Emerging Leader
At ISC East 2018 in New York City, SIA Education delivered 26 sessions at the Jacob K. Javits Convention Center Nov. 14-15. ISC East offered four hands-on workshops, enabling attendees to engage in practical exercises reinforcing details on physical security devices and sales training.
Key ISC East sessions included:
- Smart Cities, Smart Buildings and the Evolution of the Converged Security Approach
- Day 2 Keynote: 21st-Century Best Practices – Reporting From the Front Lines on How Law Enforcement and the Security Industry are Confronting Emerging Threats
- Is Artificial Intelligence (AI) the New Era of Video Analytics?
- Leveraging Technology to Improve Outcomes During Critical Incident
At Securing New Ground (SNG) 2018, SIA Education developed 12 sessions. Content focused on SIA’s Security Megatrends, and presenters delivered content on areas including AI and machine learning, cybersecurity and workforce challenges. The event offered networking opportunities and provided a valuable education experience, with presenters demonstrating subject matter expertise and engaging interest.
Key SNG 2018 sessions included:
- The View From the Top: Challenges for Today’s Security Industry Leaders
- Investment Insights: Perspectives From Wall Street and Private Equity
- Is Your Business Strong Enough for the 21st Century?
SIA continued its partnership with Mercer County Community College in New Jersey in support of the security systems technology associate in applied science degree. The systems integration course was delivered for the first time, enabling students to gain more insight into the world of physical security.
SIA continued to build awareness for the Certified Security Project Manager (CSPM®) program in 2018. Over the course of the year, SIA received 91 applications for CSPM certification. Eighteen individuals recertified as CSPMs in 2018, as well. The CSPM program continues to grow and gain notoriety within the field.